1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ethical question for the board

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Oct 27, 2007.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That's just it. I won't have a permanent residence.

During my career I will spend twice as much time in Texas as any other state. As an officer, I'll spend about two years at one duty station, then move on. I will attend a year-long course in Texas, attend grad school for two years here (Army-Baylor Health Program), as well as likely be stationed here at some point after getting the master's.

I'm not looking for a moral crutch. I'm looking for stability in my life -- which isn't easy in my line of work. I don't care to swap state residency every time I move. There's just too much involved with a military move to worry about much else.

I'm not looking to do something that will keep the IRS off my back. I'll never make enough money or have a crazy enough (small business, etc.) income to have the IRS seriously breathing down my back.

You're right, I have no current connections with Texas, but Ft. Sam Houston is the home of my Army branch (Medical Service Corps), and I will be here more than anywhere else.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Use Texas.
    If Fort Sam Houston is your unit's home. Use your unit's home.

Draft saved Draft deleted