1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ethical Conflict Resolved: Sports Journalist Milano 'Done Dating Athletes'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Oct 3, 2007.

1. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

This is not fair and I get the impression many women share your view. Would you care to elaborate?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Personally, because a guy with those kinds of numbers is less likely to pull a thinking man "You're a whore" attitude with me. That said, I don't think I've ever asked. It's not a big deal for me.

3. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I haven't read her blogs (until this one) or watched any of her baseball spots, but do think she handled this issue with a bit of grace and humor. I give her credit for even responding to gossip about her sex/love life.

Her writing isn't bad. It's breezy, conversational, detailed. She writes as if she were sitting in the stands making comments with her friends. And she knows her baseball. Any newspaper would have loved to "employ" her through the playoffs. It's a smart marketing move by MLB. And far better than any of the nonsensical, nonlogical drudge SI got from the floating implants.

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

See, folks? This thread belonged on the journalism board afterall.

5. gingerbread

Didn't mean to intrude on the riveting sex banter ;)
    Just disagree with those trashing her writing.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I actually didn't give her writing much of a chance, gingerbread. My big pet peeve is "journalists" who date players.

7. gingerbread

I long ago made my points about that. I don't think journalists should be romantically involved with people they cover, but I also think there's a double standard in this business when male journalists are allowed to have close relationships with people they cover.
    And I'm going to assume readers and viewers are smart enough to realize Milano is not a "journalist," though you never know. Everything is blurred these days.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

There's that and then there's ... well ... the lack of experience. I'm sure someone will jump on here and say 'Screw that, I know what I'm doing.' Yeah, sure. That might be good for you. But I've found that guys who have been with a few girls know a variety of tricks.

In other words, they've done their learning.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm so naming a fantasy team "The Floating Implants."

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

There is such a thing as a prodigy. :D

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That is true.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Find me one. I'll teach him something. Guaran-damn-tee it. :D