1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Et tu, pizza?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Nov 1, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If you actually have a girlfriend, I do imagine you eat better.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That was delicious.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nice knowing you Mike.

4. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

OK, this is embarrasing. I've actually gone through these E. Coli symptoms about three times in the last year. And yes, I do eat Totino's occassionally. Actually several in the last month. I should have gone to the doc, I know, I know, but I thought it was just a bad case of diarrhea or the flu. I suppose the bloody stools should have given it away.

My signifiant other is right now letting me have it for not listening to her and going to the doctor. I could have been the 22nd case associated with this.

I suppose I could have sued had I known. But at least I have an interesting story to share with family and friends to go with a ravaged small intestine.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

There's a Catholic high school in Minneapolis named Totino Grace due to the fact that the family that owns Totino's Pizza donated a shitload of money to the school many years ago. Went to college with a couple of guys from there. The other schools in their conference always called it Pizza Grace.

Doesn't have any bearing on the story but I thought that was an interesting note.

6. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

It's like watching a no-look pass, a one-timer, and a walk-off home run all in one.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

oh, how fantastic, I had one the other day and I have four more in the freezer! DAMMIT!

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's been more than two hours since I finished it off, and I still feel fine.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

If this helps anybody:

The packages bear the establishment number EST. 7750 inside the USDA mark of inspection as well as a “best if used by” date on or before 02 APR 08.

10. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

This may seem sad and pathetic, but Jeno's pizza holds high sentimental value to my wife and I.

When we met and she visited my apartment for the first time, she discovered my diet consisted primarily of Lenders frozen bagels (which they don't make anymore apparently) and ice water. I didn't have a lot of money or even furniture at the time. We were hungry, so I sifted through my pockets and found something like $3. We went over to the store and got a couple of Jeno's pizzas and some soda. Sat on the floor and talked all night. Great, great night. Even now, a decade later, Jeno's pizzas are always in the freezer.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Damn nice story. Be thankful no e.coli scare back then :D

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Fuck E. coli.

Draft saved Draft deleted