1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Esquire piece on Jon Huntsman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Also, Mizzou, I guess this answers your question about a GOP candidate who I don't think is the "second coming of Hitler."

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Giuliani is not running. He likes the idea of it. He'd love to be President, but he's not going to run.

He's not taken any of the steps necessary to run.

And, I don't think he wants to work that hard.

He also wouldn't win the nomination, so it wouldn't be worth the effort.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

This is more closely akin to interviewing the drummer in another band about the band everyone is actually dancing to.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The hounds missed the release cue this time.

For which I am grateful.

5. Dick Whitman

I'm pretty sure that one of the hounds has been sent on vacation for a few days.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

And that's refreshing to see... Of course, it's easy to like someone who has no chance... :D

7. Mizzougrad96

I know there's a lot of board hatred toward Giuliani, which has always surprised me since he's pretty socially liberal for a republican.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Giuliani, part of the lazy generation.

9. Mizzougrad96

He ran one of the worst campaigns ever in 2008. I'm not a big fan of voting for someone who was crushed by someone who was crushed by the guy who won. I know the same thing happened with Reagan, but times have changed...

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

His only hope is to spin the story that he only took the position because it would allow him to work from within to sabotage the administration.

The bagger base will eat that right up.

Unfortunately for him there are a lot of other reasons the base won't like him.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That's a great piece. I knew of Huntsman, but didn't know a lot. I'd support that guy. Romney does nothing for me, and the rest are freaks.

12. Dick Whitman

It kind of took me aback that you said that because I'm the last person on here to demonize the opposing political party. The TSD Brigade are constantly accusing me of being a Republican plant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.