1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESports becoming real sports - Contract dispute breaks out.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, May 22, 2019.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

We never selected teams. Random selection, up to three chances to get a decent team. If you got the Blackhawks, the other guy would just go for kill shots and try to knock him out of the game.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Flames were a digital juggernaut.

Fleury
    Nieuwendyk
    Roberts
    MacInnis
    Reichel
    Suter

One-timers for days

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Roberts would beat the shit out of anyone. Damn I wanna play with them right now

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

We are talking 93, not 94, when the one timers got introduced. Equally fun, just a different game. 93 didn’t have one timers; you just took that angle from the left or right and snapped to the cookie jar

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

No biggie. I still play a bit of first person shooter, but these players are as far beyond my skill level as the guys in the NBA or NFL. The ones who are really good play on clan teams in tournaments for hundreds of thousands of dollars, but the best of them are also on Twitch or YouTube. Generally you need to have godlike skillz as well as an agreeable persona, funny, sarcastic, nice guy, whatever. The very top players/streamers are pulling down six figures a month playing Fortnite, PUBG, Counter Strike, etc.

If you're curious, here's Chocotaco playing PUBG (Player Unknown's Battle Grounds), a grand melee shooter where 100 people paradrop into a limited area and the last guy (or team if playing teams or duos) standing wins. It looks easy, but until you try it you can't know how hard it can be just to spot the guy who is shooting you, let alone kill him. These guys, in a good game, might kill 20 out of the 100 who land all over the island, all of whom are trying to kill each other.

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Overwatch is a great game, on which I waste too much time.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

The lesson, as always, is that I am a cretin.

From '95, but some of that sweet one-timer nostalgia.

Twitch

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted