1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's "Who's Now?" results

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Don't forget Michael Wilbon, still a highly respected journalist. I felt kinda bad for him, too.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

When it comes to polls, you know going in that you'll only have so many responses. It's not like they expected millions of people to participate (they hoped, sure) but when was the last time your Web site got 370,000 hits for a simple poll question?

I don't work at ESPN and actually loathe it in many respects such as this current promotion that is so worthless, but to say that a poll question got only 370,000 people seems kind of par for the course of a decent sampling for a simple question about Tiger or LeBron.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Apparently they're planning something similar for next July... I don't know what it is, but I'm sure it will suck.

According to some of my friends in the business, Wilbon wanted nothing to do with it, but wouldn't say no in large part because of the new contract he signed last year that throws him more than a mil a year...

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've got a suggestion...
    ESPN Staff: Who get's a raise? Who get's the door?

6. What's for tea, daughter?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Who's SJ Now?

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Sites I've worked with have never had 370K votes on a poll, but we also don't get the page views or unique visitors of espn.com.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Who's Now was up there with the fake baseball press conferences as being a disgrace to sports journalists everywhere. Not surprisingly, Stuart Scott was the face of it.

"That shit is the top of our profession? Fuck."

Draft saved Draft deleted