1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's Van Pelt in a message board flame war

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Steinberg should be the role model for all "new media" youngsters. His copy in the paper was outstanding his blog - or bog - is excellent, too.

2. XXXX

XXXX Member

Can I be honest here? I LOVE Scott Van Pelt. He should be what every up and coming ESPN anchor strives to be. They shouldn't try to be Stu Scott who can't even get a fucking story out of his god damn fucking mouth because he's to busy trying to spit lyrics constantly.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And he's a member of this board (as he admits in that blog post).

Hi Sandy Dan!

4. Walter Burns

Walter Burns Member

Getting back to the topic at hand, I've found that there's no name more satisfying to call someone than a rat bastard cocksucker.

5. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

fucktard and asshat usually work well, and most combinations with plenty of four-letter words gets the point across as well.

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I think it was Tom Petty that made me flinch when he called someone a "twat bubble."

eeesh.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'm with XXXX here. Guy was great on the Golf Channel, and has been top notch since he joined ESPN.

8. Editude

Editude Active Member

He's better than some, but whiny name-calling on a message board? How many years has it been since his 8 a.m. classes and beer runs? Get over yourself.

9. joe

joe Active Member

TMI

Draft saved Draft deleted