1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's top WR list

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rube, Mar 27, 2008.

1. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

Through age 30
    Catches
    Moss 774
    Rice 610

Yards
    Moss 12,193
    Rice 10,273

TDS
    Moss 124
    Rice 103

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no oz. you stated a bunch of shit that was untrue, and i simply posted real numbers.

also, moss is a pussy. thinking he'd survive in a west coast offense is laughable. what happened in oakland?

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I said Montana was far more accurate (as the INT rate would indicate) and far less turnover-prone (as the fumble and INT numbers would indicate). I don't see where my previous post would be seen as untrue.

I simply posted real numbers. I don't see how they would fail to back up my point.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

jesus oz. go ahead and forget about completion percentages and the fact that roger craig and the west coast offense actually cost rice many receptions a year.

and keep telling yourself moss is the king of shredding tacklers, but it ain't true.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Never said Moss would with the "king of shedding tacklers," but with his size -- not to mention how he did it during his days at Marshall -- I don't find it hard to believe he could have done well in that offense with his size and speed.

Bottom line, guys as talented as Moss would thrive no matter the offense.

Didn't realize you despised Moss this much.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

He's a Raiders fan. He has good reason to.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

let me be honest: i don't understand how folks such as yourself can include potential when factoring how good a player is/could be. moss is a lazy fuck who puts forth effort when he feels like it.

i think the guy's pissed on the sport with his approach to the game. why should we champion that fact?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeah, and that, too. :D

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And suddenly it all makes sense. Then again, if you've got Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks, Andrew Walter and Marques Tuiasosopo at quarterback, there's probably not much Moss could have done.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So, as ESPN noted in its front-page preamble, any receiver is only as good as his quarterback?

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

except for, you know, try?

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You at least have to have a comptentent quarterback. When healthy, Culpepper could at least move the chains and put up points. The four guys Moss played with there were either in the twilight of their careers or nowhere near ready to lead an NFL team.

Draft saved Draft deleted