1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's Top 100 MLB Prospects

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Jan 22, 2009.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I was never a big minor-league/prospect junkie, so excuse me if this sounds stupid...

Why is David Price considered a "prospect"? It seems as if he's pretty much solidified a spot on the big league team. I was under the understanding that prospects were recently drafted/minor-league guys.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I might be wrong, but I think Price will still be eligible for Rookie of the Year in 2009, won't he?

3. AVSE

AVSE Member

You're considered a prospect until you've surpassed the rookie minimums, which is 130 career at bats or 55 career innings pitched. There's also a limit on how many days you can spend on the actve roster, but I don't recall the number. That rule is why a September call-up like Price, Joba Chamberlain & Jacoby Ellsbury can play in the bigs one season but be eligible for Rookie of the Year the next

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Hats for bats.
    Gracias.

5. Whoa, amigo. I, you can't just ...

You're welcome.

6. AVSE

AVSE Member

Yes, Price can win RoY this season

Draft saved Draft deleted