1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's Tom Jackson

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Jan 17, 2011.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Irrelevant. The man does a mean Clubber Lang impersonation, and that has got to count for something in life.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Indeed he does. Some of his posts here on SJ were priceless. My favorite was a day in the life of Hockey Beat.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Lemme guess: He has no credibility b/c he said the Pats hated Belichick after Milloy was dumped in 2003, right?

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I hope he predicts a huge Packers victory.

5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

And then he said mmhmm and nodded 25 times while Chris Berman was talking.

6. beanpole

beanpole Member

Please. TJ is all excited that Bart Scott actually said his name on TV and made him seem somewhat relevant and is milking it for what its worth. He's probably's got a Google alert on his name so he can see if anyone's talking about him (Hi Tom!).

7. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

If we were on Facebook, I would "like" this. Since I was pretty much waiting to write the exact same thing.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

i didn't hear any of jackson's comments, so i'm just asking, since i'm stunned any talking head would earnestly admit this: is it at all possible t-jack was attempting to 'funny' his way out of being so wrong? you know, like, 'oh, you took my prediction seriously? it was my plan to fire up the jets -- worked perfectly. i'm da man!"

any chance? or was he clearly earnest? just akskin'....

9. beanpole

beanpole Member

I really, really hope shockey is right. TJ's ego gets in the way of saying something smart and his joke falls flat.

10. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Just wondering---who is Bart Scott?

11. Honestly?

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He was clearly earnest.

Draft saved Draft deleted