1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's Titletown ... really!?!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 28, 2008.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

The best thing for all parties involved is that Valdosta, no doubt, will be an erecting a Stuart Scott statue now.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We'll be hearing less and less from them now that football season has started...

3. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

OK, I'd rather watch 24/7 reruns of Titletown and Who's Now than see a glimpse of American Legion baseball (even the National Championship if such a thing exists) appear on SportsCenter

4. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

When that channel goes over the top with drivel like this, I tune out, especially if it involves Stu Scott. They forcefeed me Titletown, My Wish, X Games, Winter X Games, Little League World Series, Softball World Series, Fourth and 20, and ridiculous segments on Sportscenter where Kenny Mayne supposedly treats us to his "humor."

I do the second the motion, though, mentioned earlier - More spots of the lovely women from ESPN Deportes.

5. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

In terms of ESPN filler, Titletown > Who's Now, The Greatest Highlight, My Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh, Bud Light Freeze Frame, and so on. Pretty harmless, didn't annoy me, didn't make me change the channel over breakfast. I would have liked it if they geared it completely toward smaller towns...did we really need to hear a strung-out Tommy Lasorda shill for LA as a sports town?...but eh. Hey, give ESPN credit- they didn't hand out even more merits for anything having to do with the PepsiJeterYankees or Tebow. Yay, Valdosta!

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

How long before we see some clown from Valdosta holding up a titletown USA sign outside the Today Show window. I just can't believe people buy into this shit.

7. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

How long until "ESPN's Titletown" is on the "Welcome to Valdosta" sign?

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I would never vote for a place where you could conceivably be eaten by an alligator.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

But no problems with places where you could conceivably be eaten by a first baseman or starting pitcher?

10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Yesterday.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

I pay no attention to this ESPN crap except for what gets posted here.
    So can someone tell we what the fucking titles Valdosta has ever won? Dumbest fucking thing the dumbest network on television has ever done.

12. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Dumber than "Who's Now?"

Draft saved Draft deleted