1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's Ray Rice story

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

ESPN's Ombudsman has weighed in.
    The "dare" to ESPN brass was part of the reason for the suspension -- but the biggest reason was calling Goodell a stinky lying liar without having the proof to back it up.
    Seriously?
    Every talking head at that network should've just had a chill go down their spine.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ombudsman/post/_/id/462/strengths-weaknesses-and-suspensions

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

He just did.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

From King MMQB

9. I think if Bill Simmons has proof that Roger Goodell lied, then I’ve got no problem with what he said that caused ESPN to suspend him for three weeks. If it’s his opinion that Goodell is lying, then I’ve got a problem with it. How do you publicly say someone is lying and is a liar—adding profanities for emphasis—without knowing for sure?

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Outing alert, Peter King is OOP.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Peter really is a skunk- that's why he's got that broad white stripe on his hair.

Draft saved Draft deleted