1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's Ombudsman Avoids Relevant Issues Going Out the Door,

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by dkphxf, Jan 27, 2011.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Even so, you think a suit that came up with the next great idea that backfired faced shit for the backfire? Think that anyone pulling a stupid stunt like, for example, Schefter and Storm did when Mangini got fired, faced anything more than a "say you're sorry" because of something an ombudsman tracked down?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see what happend when John Walsh retires. The guy has significant journo cred and has set a fairly high bar at ESPN. If the next guy is from programming or TV news, I can only imagine what the channel will look like.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Schrieber was the absolute gold standard, in that job.

Solomon was another weasel in a parade of them, sans LAS.

4. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Zell's Clear Channel ex-radio hooligans from Tribune Co. are available.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You said it very well. I too don't watch ESPN unless I'm eating a quick breakfast in front of the TV, or unless I'm watching a game. It truly is something to fall asleep to. I've also stopped going there for sports news.

I think just about all of us feel this way.

6. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

Lee Abrams = ESPN ombudsman

Let 'er rip

Draft saved Draft deleted