1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's new transparency in online fixes?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mediaguy, Nov 2, 2012.

1. mediaguy

mediaguy Active Member

Is this new practice for ESPN? Reading their college basketball top 25 preview, and I see the phrase "with all four off the the NBA" in the UNC preview. Harmless wrong-word mistake, but ESPN makes a point to insert a parenthetical (Correction: "to") instead of just fixing, where all they're missing is a non-sarcastic writethru font. Has anyone seen this elsewhere?

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That is nice for a fact error but really over the top for a typo. That type of policy quickly can lower staff morale.
  3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I can't see it because I'm not an insider.
  4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Agree completely.
  5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I can't see it either, and I have Insider. This appears to have been a since-rectified mistake by someone at ESPN.com.
  6. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Member

Can't see it because not an insider, but is it possible that was just a line-editing comment that snuck through into the final version?
  7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I just meant I couldn't see the story. I only got like three sentences of it.
  8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Right. I could see the story, but that correction did not exist.
Draft saved Draft deleted