1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's MNF GRAPHICS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

pepsi-keyboard

keyboard-pepsi

well done.

God, I love that movie.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Touche suburbanite. The fantasy stuff is a bit of overkill.

And Chef, may I suggest Pat Tabler for your next name change?

3. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

It's also funny that CBS does it for preseason games, considering there are so many preseason fantasy football leagues out there. ::)

Although that would be interesting. I guess second- and third-string QBs, RBs and WRs would be in demand if there were preseason fantasy leagues.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Scorebug? Not such a big deal.

What nobody's talking about: Everytime they cut away from the live game for bullshit, or show a replay, the action is in a tiny-ass box with ridiculous floating red/black optical bullshit floating all over the screen.

Fuck. That. Shit.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Probably the greatest innovation in televised sports since instant replay is the on-screen score/time graphic.

I'm guessing there are some youngsters  on the board who have never experienced watching a televised football game without it. I can remeber the olden days when you would watch a game for 15 minutes before finding out the score was 34-3.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And there was no sideline reporter.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That was good -- the yellow first down line graphic was better.

I remember when NBC's Ten Minute Ticker was innovative as all get out. Kids today -- they'd die if they had to wait till -- gulp -- halftime to know the score of other games.

Back then, the live cut-ins had so much more impact.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

The placement of it bugs me.  It's fine when it's the high, wide shot, but when they switch to a tight shot, it really hides things.

But can someone please explain to me why FOX needs to show us a red line for the line of scrimmage??

I mean... Grrrrr.....   :mad:

When the players are lined up ready for the snap.... Who out there can't tell where the line of scrimmage is  ???

Starman justice needed !!!!!!

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They do it so all the people scoring at home can keep more accurate stats...

10. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

It's also amazing that, in this time of instantaneous information, when FOX and CBS drop in a highlight from another game in progress [during game action that is, not halftime] it often will be a TD that was scored at least 15-20 mins. ago in real time. I don't understand that at all.

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I wasn't watching more than 15 seconds before I screamed at the television, "Take that clock and score and move it out of the middle of the god damn screen!" That's an abomination.

12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I hated that clock graphic so much I mentioned my disdain in this week's column. :mad:

It's distracting and to me, it's no different than if they slapped the thing right in the center of the screen.

Get rid of it! Are you listening, ESPN??!!

Draft saved Draft deleted