1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's "Mayne Street"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bullwinkle, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

All I have to say about that is "asphinctersayswhat".

2. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

OK, gotta be fair. Today's edition of "Mayne Street" made me laugh...sorta.

But I'll never understand why ESPN thinks this segment is worthy of occupying centerpiece space on the website, as this has for the last 5+ hours.

The first time to promote it? Yes. The second time? Maybe. The third, fourth and fifth time? No thanks.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Another great clip. I don't know if Mayne is writing these or what, but whoever the writer is gets kudos, because these things make me laugh every week.

The other actors are pretty funny. I especially enjoyed the guy with the fro shoveling pasta in his mouth.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3731759&categoryId=3670864&n8pe6c=1

4. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Holy crap, at the 1:45 mark, does he point to the fat woman and say "Use a condom. They have a glow-in-the-dark kind now...for you."

That's awful, and hi-larious.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I can't believe ESPN even lets him go that far.

In the previous episode, somebody calls his producer a Harlot. Priceless.

6. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

I understand the concerns about this, but I don't really have a problem with it. If they're making money on it, good for them. They aren't wasting any finite resources -- airtime, news hole, etc. -- on it, so if it drives another few hundred thousand hits and gives Kenny Mayne something to do, I'm fine with it. Besides, I think it's pretty funny, and I'm glad they're only 5 minutes long.

7. beeranyone

beeranyone New Member

I enjoyed the one with the cameraman with no pants. But that's just me.

8. Can't they give him a game show or something to be an outlet for his snarkiness?

A complete waste of time, talent, labor, and resources that should be used (shock!) in covering SPORTS.

Draft saved Draft deleted