1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's double standard

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by beardown, Jan 28, 2008.

1. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

What ESPN really needs to do an in-depth piece on is what kind of a fucking loser actually PAID money to go to a roast for the two worst talk show hosts on the radio!! It's bad enough ESPN had pushed these two fucknuts on the radio audience for 8 years, but then putting this stupid roast on and advertising the shit out of it, someone should be shot for it!!

If anything Jacobson should be given a huge bonus from ESPN for bringing some attention to this!!! Otherwise it would have gone away like it never happened!

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Anyone else think Dana might get "accidentally left off" the regretfully inevitable Stu Scott roast?

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

No. But I'm guessing Kenny Mayne won't be invited.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

As a practicing Catholic, former altar boy (Rated Rookie, Christmas Mass, '87) and veteran of the Catholic school wars (detention, made to manufacture 200 spitballs, '84), I reserve the right to criticize the church for the pedophilia fiasco and how it has handled it. And I will post more such photos should a similar thread avail itself. I hope this won't be a problem.

As for Jacobson, I am offended by it. But not to the point where I'm going to flail my arms in the streets, get my blood pressure up or picket with a pitiful throng that just about matched the Save Our Oilers rally in '95. More appalled by her stupidity.

What sobriety conceals, drunkenness reveals. Dana might have some genuine issues with "Jeebus." She might well be a problem drinker with self-respect issues, as well.

Agree with whoever said on the other thread not to get plowed among co-workers, especially unfamiliar ones. Do not shit where you eat. ESPN does a great deal of that, sure, but not quite so overtly.

5. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

My thoughts exactly ... I was dumbfounded when I first heard of the Mike and Mike Roast. I guess they wanted to be like Comedy Central - except a whole lot less funny.

6. Yes, I've noticed their conspicuous brilliance so far.

7. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

You are certainly more an optimist than am I. Abandon all hope, ye who attends the WWL's roast of the two most underwhelming, uninteresting radio drones ever.

8. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

Anyone who bumps into something that offends them should stop for a moment and give thanks. It means you are living in a free society. Everytime someone gets fired, fined or suspended, a little bit of that freedom gets chiseled away. It's sad and a bad direction to turn.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

So, using your theory, let's apply this to an example in real life.

Minor league baseball player comes to the plate, and the stadium crew thinks it's a good idea to play the song "You Dropped A Bomb On Me" because he's from Japan. He gets offended because, you know, a hundreds of thousands of people from his home country died when atomic bombs were dropped on it. But instead of getting pissed, he should drop to his knees and give thanks to the bigots who had the wit to play it over the loudspeakers. It's a good thing we're protecting freedom. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted