1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's college football bowl projections just in time for July

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think it's safe to say that no team will ever run the table in the SEC and not play for the national title.

It's got to kill Auburn fans that LSU made it with two losses.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

No way in bloody hell does Texas Tech win the Big 12 south, much less to go a BCS bowl game. The years change, the qb's change, the gaudy numbers don't, and neither do the four or five losses a year.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm no ND fan but that looks like a W-W-W-L-W-W-L-W run to me.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

This year the QB isn't changing. And Crabtree is back. I think they'll be good, but a BCS bowl would be very tough to get coming out of the Big 12.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not saying none of those teams can't put it together and make it. My thought is, show me you can break from your M.O. and do it.
    BYU always has the ability to put together a nice year, run the table in the Mountain West, and be this year's non-BCS darling.
    Texas Tech has the fun offense, but has never shown itself to be anything more than an 8- or 9-win team that loses to Texas or Oklahoma and finishes third or fourth in the Big 12 South.
    As for Clemson, don't shit the bed in the second half of the season for once and we'll talk.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If we can debate whether KU or Mizzou deserves an at-large BCS berth, I won't put it past Texas Tech, even if it has to go through Texas and Oklahoma to do it.

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to watching on TV as the mighty Chippewas shock the world give up 70 points between the hedges. Lord knows last year's trip to Death Valley worked out well.

Seriously, LeFevour is scary good, though. Will he have any time to throw? Not against Georgia, but we should have a good year regardless.

Oh, and Ball State is actually fairly good, though we have owned them historically.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Goodness knows everyone saw Kansas in the BCS last year.

9. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Quiet....I'm buying block tickets for the Congressional and St. Pete bowls....

Draft saved Draft deleted