1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's college football bowl projections just in time for July

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Tiger16

Tiger16 Member

He's projecting the terrible ACC won't have enough eligible teams. The MAC has been there to fill those spots in the past.

2. dargan

dargan Active Member

Cotton Bowl ... Texas vs. LSU ...

Epic.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'll top that ... I will climb to the highest point of the Horseshoe and throw myself off.

4. Texas Tech in a BCS bowl. Moron.

There is no way that defense can make it through the Big 12 with only a loss to Oklahoma. Leach will screw it up somewhere along the way.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

If it takes one more Ohio State national title game beatdown to blow up the BCS, I'm all for it.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I am imagining a scenario where Ohio State gets stomped by USC, then rolls through the Big Televen with a change to Pryor at QB (which will generate hundreds of horseshit "they found themselves after the USC beatdown ... Pryor is the savior" stories), and then makes it into the national title game ... and gets its ass kicked again.

I am laughing at this very real possibility.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That game is so early that OSU could go on and run the table and wind up in the hunt again. I mean who is there competition this year in the Big 10. An okay Wisconsin squad, a rebuilding Michigan team, Illinois, good but probably not on OSU's level.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

Nice. Still one of the funniest stories I've ever heard.

9. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Everything about this is incredibly lazy. At least explain this stuff; don't throw darts.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I agree it's a real possibility. In fact, I'd say it's damned likely.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I love the big red O with "and nine" replacing the "State".

Did Schlabach do this last year? And if so, was there an accounting for how close he was in his predictions? Because I agree, some of this stuff seems pretty out there.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Those are just horrible picks. The national title pick is...fair...but I look forward to seeing Texas Tech and Clemson, two teams that haven't bothered to play defense for years, making it to the BCS.

Draft saved Draft deleted