1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's Britt McHenry is Not Nice....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, Apr 16, 2015.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

BOH

cranberry likes this.
  2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The last board – and Britt's career – was shut down for less than this (thread).

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Pro-broken jaws.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Should've said, "OK baby girl."

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

That’s not even the stupidest thing she’s tweeted this week.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Our!?! Fangirl looser.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, she's been pretty open about her fan-ness for a while. The face of "our" FanBase!!

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I know nothing about her personal life, but I assumed she just moved to DC fairly recently.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

McHenry really should launch a brand ala Bill Simmons "The Sports Guy" but call it "The Bitchy Girl on Sports."

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

She worked in TV in DC before getting her ESPN gig and, as far as I know, never left. From Florida originally.

I've said this before: I knew her a little when I worked in D.C. and the Britt I knew then was a very pleasant, very hard working young woman. I was leaving Nats Park one night after a preseason exhibition and she was setting up for a live shot. I told her I was rushing home so I could catch the special she did from spring training. She acted like I'd just given her a winning lottery ticket.

For all I know (that was my last interaction with her), THAT Britt is still there and this Britt we've seen lately is some kind of persona developed to stay relevant, whatever. I don't know how to explain it beyond saying the Britt I knew just a bit was a much nicer Britt.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Trying to get your car out of a tow lot/DC traffic will change a person. Look no further than @MisterCreosote for proof of the latter!

wicked and Vombatus like this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Big difference between someone trying to make it and someone who feels like she has made it.

True colors come out when you no longer feel like you need people, I think, to serve your ambition.

I'm not saying that's the case here. I don't know the woman. I've never met her. Just a potential interpretation from afar.

wicked, lakefront and Stoney like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted