1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's Britt McHenry is Not Nice....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Oh boy, a lot of people missing teeth in Kentucky. Hope she can hold it together.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

She's been very visible since she went back to work after the suspension, or whatever they called it. She's not been hiding anywhere

3. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I must not be watching ESPN nearly as much as I used to.

4. BUMP ...

Gag ...

Britt McHenry’s story of why she deserves your pity | New York Post

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

This ... is ... JEOPARDY!

A: 14:58

Q: What is the clock reading on Britt McHenry's 15 minutes of fame?

Tweener and HanSenSE like this.
  7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

will never understand why ESPN kept her. What she said and how she said it would lead any normal observer to conclude she's an awful person. It's like the worst kind of thing a high school girl might say. But she's almost 30. Sideline reporters like her are a dime a dozen. People are too busy cutting the cord at ESPN to even give a shit about her.

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Probably because she had great parades.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

link?

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

McHenry really needed to say "no comment" on this. She is the worst of what the business is and damn lucky she didn't have to go to some regional 24 hour Time Warner cable channel.

Just go about your job, ask your two questions at halftime and go about your merry way.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I've mentioned before that I know Britt slightly and have had very few interactions with her (and they were always pleasant, never once saw arrogance in her). I also noted that she seems to be a very hard worker. Most of those I know who know her better than I do also speak highly of her, or at least did. They may still, but all my interaction was before this episode. I've not seen her since I moved.

My complaint here is she apologizes with an asterisk. She says she shouldn't have said what she did but she also mentions the tape was edited and you couldn't hear what was said back. I get the sense there's a "yeah but I was baited into it" thing left hanging and that bothers me.

I was wrong. Pure and simple. That's all that needs to be said.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I loved the part where she decided the restaurant was a bunch of jerks because they didn't let her park there after she left the restaurant. Like, who gives a fuck about the people who had dinner reservations after we left, amirite?

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted