1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's Britt McHenry is Not Nice....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, Apr 16, 2015.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

She got a lot of shit, rightfully so, for the tow truck incident. She acted like a fool, even though tow truck people are generally the worst. And I remember that when she was part of ESPN layoffs her comment was something like "They fired me because I'm white and make too much money" and that later turned into "They fired me because I'm conservative" as if her being conservative was hindering her ability to give a report on the Pittsburgh Steelers' injuries on their offensive line or the quarterback controversy with the Minnesota Vikings.

I think she saw she checked all their boxes that Fox News wanted....white, blonde, attractive, willing to be an asshole on Twitter and "own the libs"...and pursued it. And she happily played the character of spoiled little rich girl. Then the sexual harassment came and she found out how ruthless Fox News is to people that challenge their culture.

Definitely a business decision and if Newsmax or OAN or the The Blaze or whatever the fuck Trump's shitshow of a news channel is going to be (Trump News Channel is the odds-on favorite for a name) come calling the gimmick will probably resurface.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

She was deeply affected by an aggressive form of The Big C

Careerism

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted