1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN's Britt McHenry is Not Nice....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, Apr 16, 2015.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I think some guys at Fox hit it

Twirling Time likes this.
  2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Well ... sure.

We know that Neil did not want this publicized, and we also know that his family and everyone associated with Geddy Lee or Alex Lifeson were not going to say anything.

Part of that personal dynamic among the three band members was giving Neil "his space" (come up with another term if you wish ... I think this is understood). And there was no way that Neil was making this public.

Of course ... Rush had made fairly clear that it was done. Britt McHenry obviously did not want to be taking another break.

With Moddy, PCLL and the others ... not at all a fan of hers and she has treated far too many people shabbily because of some combination of entitlement, insecurities or some belief that arrogance is acceptable. Doesn't mean we cannot wish her well, hope she makes a full recovery and comes back a decent human being.

I Should Coco and sgreenwell like this.
  3. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I don't know why but I decided to take a glance at Britt's Twitter and it's...changed a lot in the past few months.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Wonder if the cancer spooked her sane.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What does that mean?

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

HappyCurmudgeon and poindexter like this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If this keeps up, we may have to change the thread title.

Britt McHenry is Not Nice....

8. BrownScribe

BrownScribe Active Member

Wow, yeah she seems like a changed person. Very rational and thoughtful. Seems genuine. Glad to see that people can change. I hope.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Maybe it's even better than that. Maybe the tumor was the source of the problems and is now gone. That's what I'm hoping.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. HappyCurmudgeon

To quote the President-elect, she's turned down the temperature significantly. Doesn't seem like she's participating in "right-wing troll twitter" any more. I don't know that her politics have changed and they don't have to, but she's seems a lot calmer.

11. HappyCurmudgeon

There was also those claims of sexual harassment while she was at Fox News and I'm pretty sure she has an active lawsuit against the network.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The Fox News stuff always seemed like a business decision, and a fairly insincere one at that.

Draft saved Draft deleted