1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPNN: Leyritz in jail. Vehicular homicide.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Point taken .... but Leyritz still has some work to do to reach Little's territory. He has to get through all this, have his agent tell stories about him crying over the harm he has done, then get busted again for DUI a few years later and still continue in his career as if nothing had happened.

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

"Sucking down jack and cokes" and "not hammered" usually can't exist in the same sentence.

Now, "he had a jack and coke or two" and "not hammered" ... sure.

But "Sucking down jack and cokes" gets you to the ol' 0.08 pretty quickly.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Uh, I think that's what he was charged with here - not previously.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Poor choice of words on my part then Moddy, but this could have been in NYC where a cab home is a norm.

How do you get two counts of drunken driving in the same incident? I thought it was stating that he had a past history.

5. I'm not trying to piss on this thread (honestly, I'm not), but I am surprised at the levity of some of these posts in reaction to this tragedy.
    An innocent person was killed during the holiday season because this asshole decided to go out drinking and get behind the wheel.
    I hope he stays in jail for a long time.
    Peace to the victim's family and, to the victim, RIP.

6. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

astronomical moron between the lines. astronomical moron outside them, too.

luckiest human being who ever lived. until now. later, jim.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Was this woman not wearing her seat belt?

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

One charge for driving drunk
    One for killling someone while driving drunk. Says "included" is a charge of DUI that causes death to a human.
    It will get changed, I bet, to one big charge of vehicular manslaughter. Whatever they call it, he'll do a good stretch of time.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

xX, you are right.

You roll the dice everytime you are on the road, and especially at 3:30 in the morning.

Leyritz should not get out of prison for a long time.

Also, if she was ejected from the car... just remember to buckle up people.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Does anybody remember how much time Leonard Little did? It wasn't much, if I remember correctly, which I think was Good Doc's point above.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Karma continues to dictate that Leonard Little Will Get His.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Terrible story. Say what you want but Leyritz is one of the good guys in baseball. Ever watch him work a crowd . Had plenty of time for everybody and never big timed them. Sadly he is very commited to his boys. Had just ran into him in nashville at the baseball meetings and listened to him rave about his sons exploits on the basketball court.

Sadly a lot of lives are ruined here for no good reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.