1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN The Mag Getting Overhaul

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Boom_70, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Interesting article in NYT today about the mag getting overhaul and falling closer in line to ESPN programing.

From the results so far the magazine has been turned into a giant TV guide for ESPN. Content has become a fair predictor of what the network will be showing.

I wonder when the complete overhaul if they realize that Stuart Scott still has a column - as unreadable as ever.
  2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wonder what the circulation of that magazine would be if they didn't give it away to ESPN.com premium content subscribers.
  3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I do love the idea of people being moved from NYC to Bristol.

Live in New Britain, folks, it's just like being in the big city!
  4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

More charts and graphs!!!
  5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

6. CR19

CR19 Member

The next issue: "King James: The God, The Myth, The Legend."
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Boom_70

The crack is cheaper.
  8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Was reading the latest one today over lunch. Scoop has a bit in it... lost my appetite
  9. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

Kevin Garnett and Stephon Marbury rejoice!
  10. Boom_70

I read it too. Cover said it was Fantasy Football Issue. But found little related content.

Lost my appetite at Stewy column. I am convinced that editors do not realize he still has a column. Everything gets so buried.
  11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Stewy notwithstanding, The Mag has some of the best writers in the business. Would be nice to see the magazine showcase the writing instead of the over-caffeinated graphics department.
  12. Boom_70

The writers are going to be really lost now as it becomes more of a PR publication for the network.
Draft saved Draft deleted