1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Sux, Part The XXXVII

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, May 15, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Don't blame me.

I voted for Kodos.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I would not be comfortable, that's for damn sure.

3. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

And neither would I.
    But there's no reason to whine about every little thing that comes down the pike.
    Now, if a newsroom employee had chosen not to wear the shirt, and there were pressure placed upon him/her to put one on or there were consequences for not doing so, this would be worth the controversy Poynter is painting. Instead, it's just one more whiny little cheap shot at a successful American company.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Twoback, not sure where you work, but I'm most definitely in the midst of a corporate environment and although they're quick to say "if you're comfortable," it's naively foolish to think there wouldn't be some who might get pressured if they don't.

It's the norm, not the exception.

5. Most successful American companies -- Disney, most especially -- don't have the sense of civic duty or the common humanity god gave a goat.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

What is this new thing on sportscenter where, during certain segments while one guy is talking the other guy/woman is yelling and screaming in the background -- like trying to be funny and describe what the -- for instance -- ump and manager yelling at each other in the highlight -- are really saying?

That is really annoying.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

This discussion is reminding me of the "flare" scenes with Jennifer Aniston in "Office Space."

8. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Those bastards are serving hot dogs and hamburgers? The nerve!!
    They better be soy burgers, damnit! I find it offensive that they blatantly eat products made from dead animals. If they keep this up they'll have PETA on their ass.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Reason ESPN Sux, Part XXXVIII.......

I know they are attempting to bring in casual sports fans -- but would it be possible to watch a sports news and highlight show without losing five minutes of my life watching the likes of Bruce Willis and others of his ilk answer silly questions about sports and other subjects on something called the hot seat?

Draft saved Draft deleted