1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Stats and Info Assessment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ChrisMaza, Jan 31, 2011.

1. ChrisMaza

ChrisMaza Member

Has anyone applied for a job at ESPN and been subject to that 45-minute test they administer? If so, what did you think?

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I thought it was pretty easy. If you search ESPN threads on here you will see all of my thoughts on the issue and I even posted the exam I took three years ago.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Haven't taken the ESPN exam, but the then-sports editor at The Diamondback actually gave me the exam he was going to give to each prospective sportswriter he had on board just after I graduated. It wasn't an easy exam: I got about 30-something right out of 50.

He said as long as someone was roughly in a certain range, that person was fine. Fortunately, I was right in that range.

I don't know how easy or tough that exam was in comparison to the ESPN exam, or how it was structured compared to the ESPN exam, but I feel as though I had the ESPN exam's crotchety older great-uncle.

Draft saved Draft deleted