1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Statistics Manager (Content position)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Noel Nash, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Noel Nash

Noel Nash New Member

Send me a PM and I'll answer anything I can.

http://jobs.espncareers.com/connecticut/statistics/jobid1428763-statistics-manager-jobs

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Hasn't this job been posted a few times on this board before? Maybe someone who has worked there can provide some insights about the work environment, rug races and Chris Berman's crankiness.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This would be a terrific position for anyone looking never to be exposed to sunlight again. I imagine the demands are more than extreme.

4. Dave86

Dave86 New Member

I worked as a temp in this department directly under Nash who posted the job. You will work nights and weekends in a useless department at the worldwide leader. You will be in charge of the real-time ticking clocks on the bottom line that provide so much to the viewers. You will monitor stats feed from colleges that work 95% of the time so there is no need for most of the people in the department. There are some research projects, but only the ones that are declined by the actual espn research department. Maybe I'm just jaded by the awfulness of being a temp in the department, but from what I saw it was not a great place to work and you will hate your life if you take the job.

5. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Well I'm sold.

6. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

But those guys have all the fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted