1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN sinks to new lows of cross-promotion

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, May 25, 2007.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

We should just make a running thread of new ways for ESPN to cross-promote ABC/Disney.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Didn't they do this before?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Arena football coverage being crammed down my throat as well as "ESPN Deportes" is enough for me to stop watching SportsCenter altogether.

The show has become absolutely disgraceful...

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Dont turn this into a holy war....[major league threadjack over[

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

There's the pitch by Jack Sparrowzellany..... shit like that?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Isnt the daily operation a new low so low that new lows don't matter?

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That is awful. I think ultimately that kind of shit comes back to bite you in the ass. People tune out because it's so lame. You have nothing to cross promote if you drive away watchers.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

If it's any consolation, the movie is getting tepid reviews.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Maybe an anchor will do one of those cross-promos and then, ashamed for himself, say "Just have the Krakon swallow me now." Or, "in related news, Davy Jones has my soul in his locker."

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Wow was that terrible. You could tell Anderson was thinking "What the hell am I doing?"

11. It's been at least three months since I've watched SportsCenter, and I don't miss it in the least.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Yeah, honestly I never thought the day would come when I don't have an interest in watching SportsCenter anymore. I still love, love, love Baseball Tonight. College Gameday is hard to top. But SportsCenter is a show I just don't watch all that much anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted