1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

espn ruins everything

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Aug 5, 2006.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

okay, i'm a freak. i planned my saturday afternoon around the pro football h.o.f. inductions, knowing harry carson bats leadoff. it was supposed to begin at 1 p.m. told mrs. shockey we'd be good to go by 1:30 at the latest.

well, i just sat through more than 35 minutes of bullshit. now, it's a commercial break. no harry yet.

this sucks. i have to get a life.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Oh, so Mr. Take My Name Out Of Consideration is cool with the HOF now that they voted him in, huh?

3. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

i've done lame things like plan nights around the OC, but the pro football hall of fame speeches? shockey, you are a true fan.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

no, not a true fan. i'm outta here once harry's done. he's been a friend, but geez, what a waste of time. thanks for nothing, espn.:eek: :eek: :eek:

5. Garner

Garner Member

Boo vacuum haistyling attachments.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

On an unrelated note, Al Davis appears to be in worse shape than Fidel Castro.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The Raiders led the fight for diversity?

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Al Davis looks like a Sith Lord and Madden's bust looks more like Jimmy Johnson.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

by the by. got back in time to see sara white. quite the dish, no?

she and reggie's son were great. his daughter sung the anthem. great all around. unfortunately for the daughter, she looks more like dad than mom. that's tough on a young lady, isn't it. girls?

11. joe king

joe king Active Member

I remember years ago seeing a photo of Joe Montana and his family. His wife was gorgeous, naturally, the blond model type, but their teen-age daughter, God bless her, looked just like Joe. I felt so bad for her I almost cried. Almost.

12. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Kind of like Billy Joey and Christie Brinkley's daughter being the spitting image of ... him.
    Probably sings like her, too. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted