1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN reports Joe Pa signed a three year extension.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 16, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The news led off the 6 PM Sportscenter.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought i heard screaming...

3. I was looking at a Rivals message board (Gasp!) and a fan from another Big 10 school asked if God would have enough money in these tough economic times to pay for JoePa's buyout.

4. jsanmateo

jsanmateo New Member

Think we'll have college football's first 100 year old coach in the near future?

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Huge night for Penn State all around.

They landed Kevin Newsome, a four-star QB out of Virginia. Big kid, 6-3, 217.

Lions really needed this. PSUers went through panic attacks when Pat Devlin left the program last week, because Daryll Clark was going to be the only scholarship QB on the roster next year.

Newsome will be the first quarterback they've signed this year, and as a spread QB, he should also be a sign to other recruits that Penn State isn't going back to the deadly dropback QB.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Also, guys, please remember, Joe gets FAR less than most other coaches.
    Also, Shottie, what do you think this means for Tom Bradley? Stay or go?

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Not to be macabre, here, but I can't help thinking that someday we're going to be talking about that day when JoPa died on the sideline.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

I disagree...aside from the hip problem this year, he's in wonderful physical condition.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Unless he decommits. He already did from one big ten school.

10. chester

chester Member

He's also going to be 82 on Sunday.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

And? That means he's not in good shape?

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

If Bradley had any grand aspirations or a massive ego, he would have left five times already. This is the only head coaching job he aspires to.

Draft saved Draft deleted