1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN reports Iverson headed to Detroit for Billups and others

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JakeandElwood, Nov 3, 2008.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Bosh is a pipe dream though. It would just work way too well.

2. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

This deal works great for the Pistons, and this is coming from a Nuggets fan. I think it was time for AI to leave, because as the season would have gotten away from Denver, he would have been a problem. Stuckey kicked ass during the summer working with the US Olympic team and is ready to become a starter. For all of his baggage, no one can question the fact Iverson's going to play full-tilt, more so since he has $omething to prove.

This stunts Denver's long-term plans. They're saddled with the hefty contract of a point guard beginning his decline and it's doubtful McDyess is going to want a third act with the Nuggets. I thought they would have moved AI, but 1) not until later in the season and 2) would have gotten something besides a high-end salary dump.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

So....do the Nuggets still go after Starbury?

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

There's a player who I don't understand any team going after.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I still don't understand this deal for the Nuggets.

Worst case, AI is washed up (and obviously he is not the same Iverson as old, but he's still damn good and had a really underrated '07-'08 season) and they save a ton of money. Best case, Iverson adds a spark of offense, plays a ton of minutes like usual, the team takes off, and they save a ton of money.

Especially in the relatively wide-open Eastern Conference and with Billups not getting any better and with Stuckey beginning to blossom...Dumars fleeced the Nuggets.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

On the Nuggets-releasing-McDyess-and-then-re-signing-with-Detroit scenario, I thought Stern supposedly was putting a hammer down on that kind of stuff (on the reasoning it's an evasion of the concept of the salary cap) ?

7. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Or, you know, they could've drafted him...

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

They still won a title. So Detroit fans can't complain.

Anyway, in one of my first posts today I wrote that the Lebron sweepstakes won on for Detroit. But then I modified the post because I thought I was just getting excited. Maybe not.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-dumarslebron110308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

9. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

If Lebron wants to sign in a crappy rust-belt city it will surely be Cleveland.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

\
    Don't call my city crappy.

11. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Detroit is a dumpster fire.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Or Chicago.

If he's leaving Cleveland NIKE will steer him to one of the major media centers.

Draft saved Draft deleted