1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN reports Iverson headed to Detroit for Billups and others

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JakeandElwood, Nov 3, 2008.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

This doesn't make sense to me from a Pistons point of view. Stephen A. is on the phone (apparently he's on a plane) saying Iverson to Detroit for Billups and Antonio McDyess with McDyess unlikely to stay in Denver.

Looks good for Denver since they would be getting a point guard.
    Also important to note that the trade hasn't been completed, but Stephen A. says it should be any minute.

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

And there you have it, the complete and total destruction of the Detroit Pistons by some NBA reject who thinks practice is a four-letter word. Hope Screamin A is wrong.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Steveu, I have a feeling Screamin' A's on target with this. Now, where will Starbury go, once Donnie Walsh waives him, hopefully by the end of this week.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

First time that I've heard Iverson described as an NBA reject.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Horrible trade for Detroit.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wouldn't trade Billups for Iverson straight up.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yeah, I have no idea what Dumars is doing with this.

This makes very little sense.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Great trade. Anyone who follows the Pistons regularly knows Billups has gotten slower in each of the last three years.

Iverson is just a transition until Stuckey can start. STUCKEY is the future of the team along with Prince, and Jason Maxiell and Amir Johnson.

Moreover, McDyess is a time bomb with two bad knees. He is on borrowed time and the Stones were very very very lucky to have him healthy for so long.

Both great players, sad to see them go, but this needed to happen. No more bowing out in the conference finals.

Atleast Dice, and Billups can go back to where they began.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Shawn Kemp and J.R. Rider are still free agents.

You could probably get Artest for Prince, Maxiell and Stuckey.

I'm sure Rodman would be available for duty as an assistant coach.

Come on, Dumars, do it. ;) ;)

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

This really, really, really needed to happen. The Pistons have the scorer they always needed during those offensive dry-spells.

It's just too bad they couldn't ship 'Sheed. He is the tipping point of that team.

Starting lineup:

PG Iverson
    SG Hamilton
    SF Prince
    PF Jason Maxiell/Amir Johnson
    C Rasheed Wallace

Not too shabby.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A lineup which will eternalize all world records for technical fouls. They'll average four per game, getting 10 about once every two weeks.

Then they'll wonder why foul calls go 2-to-1 against them, and why they constantly get screwed by the refs on every crucial call in crunch time. Golly gee, I wonder why.

12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

The problem is asking Iverson to be a point guard

Draft saved Draft deleted