1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Regional Sites... What's next?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Gator_Hawks, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Nola4520

Nola4520 Member

2. derwood

derwood Active Member

They move fast.

3. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Very interesting. What are the other two jobs?

4. Nola4520

Nola4520 Member

Web Developer and Advertising Account Manager ...

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The Seattle general editor spot has been up for at least six weeks.

6. OceanLottery

OceanLottery Member

New York is definitely in the works. They hired Bonnie Bernstein to act as a co-host on the Michael Kay Show and announced that she'd be a contributor to the site. Also, they've got Ian O'Connor of the Bergen County Record as a contributor to Kay's show, so you'd have to think that they'd like to scoop him up (who knows if they'd succeed, but he'd certainly be a great get) and Andrew Marchand, a former Mets beat reporter for one of the tabs (the News, I think) as their "managing editor", too. So, the ball is certainly rolling for NY. ESPNNewYork.com already re-directs to the radio station Web site.

7. BrianMcDowell

BrianMcDowell Member

I'd have to think St. Louis would be an eventuality, although Fox Sports Midwest has things pretty much wrapped up here on the television side, broadcasting most of the Cardinals' and the Blues' regular season games. Still, the ESPN radio station here did acquire the rights to broadcast Rams' games, (Not that it's that much of a prize this season, but stilll...) so, I would think, in a traditionally good sports town like this one, ESPN would almost have to be keeping St. Louis in mind.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'd say if there is an ESPN-branded radio station in the market, they have it in mind. That goes for any market.

9. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

Just came across this today while trying to dig up what ESPN's next step will be. Don't know if Comcast has much of a chance here . . .

http://www.mediaite.com/online/thinking-globally-acting-locally-comcast-tries-to-slow-down-espns-sports-takeover/

10. derwood

derwood Active Member

More good jobs available.

11. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

A media site isn't credible if it uses "it's" as a possessive adjective.

o-<

12. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Do any of you know where you send your resume for these ESPNChicago type sites? Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted