1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN pulls out the kneepads for Donte Stallworth

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Aug 10, 2009.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I watch because of Playmakers.

Oh, wait.......

2. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Here's a better follow-up:
    If you had time to flick your lights and honk your horn, did you not have time to swerve?

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Makes me wonder if ESPN paid Stallworth? ... The same way the network tried to pay for the Crawford-LeBron video.

4. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

How about everybody relaxing on the "paying for the LeBron" video? It's a ridiculous premise.
    Was the kid who shot it supposed to just give it to ESPN? They offered $500, like they might offer somebody $500 to string a game for ESPN.com. The person who shot the video had a right to be paid for his work. It's not remotely the same as paying an interview subject.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I watch because of Junction Boys.

Oh, wait ....

6. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

When's Junction Boys on?

EDIT: Congratulations on making a JB reference 28 seconds ahead of me. ;D

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Hmmm... the ESPN thread seems to bring out the "Journalism is dead" ads for non-subscribers.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Didn't you just echo the post you quoted?

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Not necessarily, Simon.
    I thought your post indicated you did not believe he was driving that slowly.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

He said he flicked his lights and honked his horn when the guy was in the bus lane and then the guy ran into the road.

He did not say he flicked his lights when the guy was in the road.

Where was the guy running? There is a jersey wall on that road.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The FACT is that Donte Stallworth killed someone because he was drinking while his BAC was twice the legal limit AND he was high. Whether he's remorseful or not doesn't change the fact that one man's life is dead and several lives (including Stallworth's) are ruined as a result of this mistake.

I haven't seen the interview, so I can't pass judgment on whether Stallworth is sorry he got penalized or he's genuinely sorry for what he did that night. I don't think the FACT Stallworth called 911 has any bearing on whether or not he feels remorse.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

But he didn't get "caught." He reported himself. That's the hangup on what Starman posted.

Draft saved Draft deleted