1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN presents The Bronx is Burning

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Jun 26, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

From the other side of the Hudson River....

The fear that gripped the city during Son of Sam can't be accurately portrayed in a mini-series that focuses on baseball and uses Son of Sam as a backdrop.
    It was portrayed in much more detail in the book, but the ESPN series can't go into it as deeply.
    That fear also was the focal point of Spike Lee's Summer of Sam, which was very well done.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Like many of the Yankees in the 70s, Thurman lived in North Jersey during the season. Read the Jersey papers as well as the city papers and knew EVERYTHING that was being written about him, Reggie, the team, Billy, George... and was never afraid to let a writer know what he thought about what had been written.

3. No offense Boots, but I don't believe a thing from you when it comes to first-hand sports, sports writing, layout knowledge.

4. boots

boots New Member

I don't give a damn what you believe. I was there. You weren't. End of conversation. Have a great whatever.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Well good, we're all in agreement then. Nobody gives a damn what anyone else thinks or believes. End of thread. End of board. End of Happy Make Up Some Fake Holiday Day sign-offs.

6. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

To my surprise this is REALLY good.

It also helps to have a Black primodonna Struting around the place to add that missing swagger NEEDED in EVERY professional lockerroom.

Otherwise - a team or this would be boooooorrrriing.........Look at Indianapolis Colts.

Since Randy Moss' inception - nobody's looking forward to covering the booooooring Colts. Even their coach is whack.

Draft saved Draft deleted