1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN: Pioli to join Chiefs; Edwards likely out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 13, 2009.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

That would be the record for quickest firing ever, I am sure of it.

"Hi I'm Scott Pioli, the new general--Herm, get the fuck out of here, you're gone."

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

A ray of hope, perhaps. I think Clark Hunt knew he needed to get either Pioli or Cowher, and with the Chin staying at CBS, Hunt did well.

Herm wasn't put in an enviable position, but this team never really got better. They couldn't finish worth a shit, as evidenced by losses against the Jets, Bucs and Chargers times two.

Plus, the defense was the worst its ever been, which, considering its track record this decade, is absolutely apalling.

No matter. Job one is getting a new coach... job two is drafting a quarterback. I believe you have to go back to Todd Blackledge to find a KC-drafted QB who played as frequently as Tyler Thigpen did this season. Yuck.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

You would be correct with Blackledge.

And this makes me quite happy :D I'd much rather have a good GM who can pick his coach than a coach that comes with a puppet GM.

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

They couldn't finish worth a shit because:

* Herm has the poorest clock-management skills in football (pro or amateur)
    * Herm played not to lose in the second half, throwing only screens (on third-and-long), as evidence by his refusal to let Tony Gonzalez break his record at home.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Likely candidates for coach? Spagnuolo?

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Spagnuolo's actually in KC, so I'm hoping this is a done deal :D

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Coming soon to an ESPN Sunday Countdown studio near you: Herm Edwards.

Guy is perfect for TV. Shrill, shallow and fradulent.

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Hermie would be a good defensive backs coach. I will say that's one thing in KC better off than when he got here.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Don't confuse Herm edwards with Hermie, I am pretty sure they are two way different things. IJAG knows what I'm talking about.

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

But I've always called him Hermie :D

Draft saved Draft deleted