1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN piece on the death of Jason Rabedeaux

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 13, 2015.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

There's that Daddy shit again.

2. Several of those places are south of the equator.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

That's deeeep south!

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Is he off Twitter?

I remember him getting into some flame wars with people accusing him of being self-promoting.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

He's off Twitter. He was MIA on Instagram for a long time, too, but has reappeared in the last week or so.

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I've heard the Twitter story referenced, but I never heard the details. I heard it was pretty bad.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

As I recall. It wasn't so much self promotion as someone ripped his dead dad. Thompson fired back, as one would expect, and seems like some police reports were filed and Thompson nuked his Twitter.

8. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, nobody should have to deal with anything like that. The worst part about that is that it's not surprising.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

One thing to have fun with his Southernism but you don't act like a classless cock and denigrate someone's dead dad.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

"He should have thicker skin!" -- some idiot here, eventually, probably.

LongTimeListener and Double Down like this.
  11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Thanks. If I wanted someone to write an SEC opus, Wright Thompson should not be thought of as a possibility.

I am amazed that people actually put time and effort trying to prove that Thompson is not a southern writer.

I guess what's next is people trying to prove Kornheiser is not an I-95 writer or Ryan is not a Boston-based writer. The Royko fellow probably wrote a lot of great Texas stuff over the years.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Amazing.

YankeeFan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted