1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Philly

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by GRUDGE, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

The pattern that I'm seeing is that they're paying out some big salaries. That's cool. But also remember something called The National that did the same thing. History sometimes has a way of repeating itself.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Your grandmother might buy that line, but I won't. Giant crowds are downright sedate, as the league goes. I've attended Browns action during
    the day, and though I've seen incidents since which lead me to believe the
    quality of that crowd has declined, it isn't at the level of "every-third-word-
    is-F**K" you get when Philly fans are stoked up w/hours of binge drinking.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Ben, please watch the grandmother reference. I know it was in jest but its a sensitive subject with me.
    As for games in places where I felt safe and secure, Philly is tops. NEVER had a problem there as a either a spectator or a scribe. I can't say the same for other places, especially Giants tomb and Pat's crap house.
    As for fan intelligence, Philly fans know the game very well. When people spend their hard-earned money and get a perceived half-hearted effort, they have a right to boo and hiss. They feel cheated.
    Now maybe you, as a fan, like spending a lot of money for a ticket and enjoy watching athletes not bust their tails. I don't.

Draft saved Draft deleted