1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN OTL

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Writer33, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Fulmer coached part of the 92 season and took over for good in 93. He won the NC in 1999. Given UT's moonbat fanbase, he doesn't last 7 years (or 6+, however you want to calculate it) in Knoxville in this day and age.

2. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Sounds about right to me. At the same time, it does nothing to change my view that Kiffin has close to a 100% chance of still being UT's coach when the calendar turns to 2010.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He won't get fired after one year. But I will guess he'll be gone in five.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Didn't ESPN tell OU officials the racial slur their (now former) baseball coach said in a cameras-off production meeting? That ended his career.

Not long after, I was invited to sit in on a "College GameDay" production meeting only if I agreed everything said was off the record. Seemed like a double standard.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My guess? He'll be fired if and when donors get sick of him. And though Kiffin seems like the kind of guy who would take off for another gig before the pitchforks come out, he doesn't have the background to land a better gig. I really doubt he'll be back in the NFL unless Pete Carroll jumps to the league and hires him as an OC.

Draft saved Draft deleted