1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN on Tim Richmond

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, Oct 20, 2010.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Saw the 30-for-30 piece on Tim Richmond, produced by, off all sources, NASCAR's Media Group. The WWL should be ashamed but then, it would have to know what shame is. The piece rolled out a gelatinous Humpy Wheeler to gloss over the phony drug test and court settlement. And Doug France -- from the grave -- showed who's still in charge, as the profile ended with the 60 Minutes claim that Richmond had unprotected sex knowing he was infected.

Warm up the ESPYs!

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Doug?

Or "dug France from the grave"?

3. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to catch the show sometime, looked like it got some good reviews.
    I started following NASCAR right after Richmond died, but didn't learn about him until several years later. That's how NASCAR wanted it, for Richmond to be out of sight, out of mind. I have watched some of the Earnhardt-Richmond battles on YouTube, but that leaves me feeling cheated. If Richmond had stayed healthy, two things would have happened. One, Earnhardt in all likelihood wouldn't have won seven titles. More importantly, Earnhardt and Richmond would have had one of the best rivalries in the history of racing, if not THE best rivalry.

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

There is a good discussion going on the 30-for-30 thread.

I was 16-17 and breathed NASCAR at the peak of Richmond's career. I loved him just because he was so different from what I'd grown up watching.

I miss NASCAR, my NASCAR.

Draft saved Draft deleted