1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Ombudsman on Mike Leach

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 21, 2010.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Far, far better than his first effort... took WWL to task when and why it should have....

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

More is forthcoming on Herr James as Leach's discovery process works. Let's just say Kay Bailey isn't losing sleep.

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

In the end, this sad saga will just fatten a bunch of lawyers' bank accounts and prove to us what we already knew: That Craig James and Mike Leach are douchebags.

Is Leach stupid, arrogant or some lethal combination of the two? I have a feeling Texas Tech has a pile of dirt just waiting to be unleashed. My instincts tell me that no program's going to want to touch him with a Geiger counter when this all shakes out.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I really don't understand the Craig James and son hatred. It's completely irrelevant to the way Leach treated the kid.

As a matter of fact, it highlights what a dimwit Leach is by picking on the kid when anyone could see that the shit was going to hit the fan over it.

Bottom line, if you work with, supervise or coach someone you think is a whiny, complaining brat who is going to run to their powerful daddy, that's someone you treat by the book so you protect your own butt.

Stupid Leach.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Actually, there's a documentary in the works about SMU and the death penalty:

http://tinyurl.com/ydz3fcc

As for the Pony Express, it's pretty well established that Dickerson was a long-time commitment to Oklahoma, that is, until he got a new Trans Am from a Texas A&M booster (Dickerson was from Sealy, Texas, about 40 miles west of Houston). He then got $20,000 from SMU, so he signed with them. He kept the A&M car, drove it to Dallas his entire college career, and beat the Aggies four straight years.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. I don't know that there was anyone in the state of Texas who didn't at least assume those two were paid off.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

figure this is about the look that James was sporting at practice walking around field.

most likely would put most coaches over the edge -- specially for a kid that was a problem anyway.

Does not make Leach actions right but just sayin.

Best result would have been if he just apologized and moved on. Pride got in the way.

Draft saved Draft deleted