1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Ombud: Who's Now Wasn't Well Liked

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Matt1735, Aug 8, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Great column, and Glenn Jacobs did not come off looking too good.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This is the guy making the decisions on what we should be seeing on Sportscenter.

3. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

I look at the Kilborn/Olbermann/Patrick era of SC like the Belushi/Akroyd/Murray period of SNL -- and the current Stu Scott/Everett/Buccigross as the Charles Rocket/Gilbert Gottfried/Ann Risley era.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And yet, the changes will be few... or nonexistent...

5. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

You absolutely nailed it, Poindexter. When I read that quote, I thought, "Wait, who the hell isn't a media critic these days?" I think his excuse is almost as bad as the segments themselves. Almost.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I completely forgot about 50 in 50. That was actually entertaining. I'd tune in to watch what they said about states I'd lived in, and I also wanted to see what they'd come up with for the small states.

7. Babs

Babs Member

Yep, 50 in 50 was good stuff. Very off the beaten track, but interesting. I watched states I had no ties to, that's how well done it was.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Hey now, I'm a SportsCenter and Days of our Lives fan, what about me? lol

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Solid, soild work.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Is that supposed to be solid, solid work or solid soiled work?

11. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

You know, 5,000,000 votes in a monthlong online poll is pretty astonishing. If I were running a Web site I'd run 20 Who's Now tournaments a day if it generated that much traffic.

12. Pretty astonishing?

Draft saved Draft deleted