1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN "Office Space" Lynn Hoppes

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mediaguy, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You're an eight-pack of microwave popcorn away from being me.

Also, for me, the generic Excedrin is the most important thing in the drawer.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Can't believe no one has asked why espn has a reporter doing little segments on the offices at Bristol. Did I miss that part of the story?

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

They launched it a week ago.

ESPNFrontRow.com is a new corporate blog that provides visitors to our site a Front Row seat to ESPN and its people. We want to feed the appetite of those who want to know who we are, what we do, and how we do it. Our aim is to reflect an authentic company culture and engage all of you with fresh content multiple times a day. The blog is a collaborative effort featuring a variety of voices, opinions and perspectives and will also serve as a channel for leaders from around the company to address issues that are making news.

http://frontrow.espn.go.com/

http://frontrow.espn.go.com/2011/03/welcome-to-a-day-in-the-life/

4. goldy220

goldy220 New Member

Saw a job opening for this position - writing for their corporate blog didn't sound too interesting to me. I see they found plenty of people

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

So much for 'we are not the story.'

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

His tie is wide as a lobster bib. Looks like something a mob guy would wear to a Bangkok brothel.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Next thing ya know, they'll be holding a self-congratulatory awards ceremony every year.

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Your desk is clearly missing a few things, like the 1994 AP Stylebook (no references to Internet or even World Wide Web) and the 1998-99 NBA Register.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Had a good laugh with some friends (one who worked for Hoppes) over this...

Among the comments...

"Well, he no longer needs to worry about being compared to Van."

"I think when Van found out about this, it was probably the equivalent of Elvis finding out Lisa Marie married Michael Jackson."

10. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

21, I've learned in the past few years how much some people on the outside are interested in these things, as hard as it is to believe sometimes.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Well done. He even has the same hair as them.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If they were interested in seeing Chris Berman's office or someone who is on TV all the time, I could believe that. Seeing the office of someone who no one outside of journalism's inner circles has ever heard of? Not so much...

Draft saved Draft deleted