1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN: NY Giants media slacking on coverage

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Wonderlic, Mar 21, 2012.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

He didn't have a "Five Best Giants Who Wore Even Numbers" listicle in him?

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The problem is, his bosses expect him to find two links per team. That's what the morning links post is for on those blogs. It's very formulaic. That's why I think he was likely complaining as much to his boss as the Giants media.

3. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Out of all the reporters I know, Dan will never be accused of not working hard or not finding his own stories. Not sure why he posted this, but just sayin'.

4. beanpole

beanpole Member

After reading this, I accuse Dan of not working hard and finding his own stories.

5. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

SoCal, agree with you completely, but its likely the blogger's boss doesn't look at that or care. The boss wants two links and doesn't care about anything else. Corporate mandates.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Granted, the Bears have been quite active, but I bet that the NFL has been main about 1/3 to 1/2 of the days this month in the Chicago Tribune.

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Their current AFC East blogger typically uses one link per team in the morning roundup, so finding two wouldn't seem to be a requirement. With that said, yes, there's a lengthy list of regularly-scheduled features they're expected to churn out. The job's more of a grind than some people realize.

Still think Graziano's posts read like a cheap shot, though, and I wouldn't have expected that from him.

Draft saved Draft deleted