1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN-Nissan Heisman Fan Vote

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Navy is reporting that QB Keenan Reynolds has been removed from this (essentially meaningless) promotional fan vote. They're pissed. I suspect that other G5 fans don't appreciate it as well.

Navy Athletics Says ESPN Took Keenan Reynolds off its Heisman Fan Voting Page

Here is the vote nominee site, which no longer includes Reynolds.

http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/conte...15/?gclid=CJiG8ev7vckCFQ4FkQodVjQNSQ#!/ballot

I don't think this is special snowflake territory. It does not affect the Heisman vote. It's a fan pride beauty contest. No, I don't think he should win the Heisman, but think that having the kid on the list then pulling him because you don't like how the vote is shaping up is bullshit. The service academy teams are quite literally America's teams. They will pull votes from all over. Even if this is a group of message board fans voting their happy little butts off, so what? LSU or Oklahoma fans can't vote?

1093 yards rushing, 19 TDs. 964 yards passing on 54.8 % completions, 6 TDs, 1 int, 172 rating.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I'm more appalled that six touchdowns, one interception and a 58 percent completion rate gives you at 172 passer rating.

Draft saved Draft deleted