1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN NASCAR

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BMuddMan, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Didn't Yogi say 50 percent of what's on this board is 90 percent bullshit?
    Or was it 90 percent is 50 percent bullshit?

2. jay_christley

jay_christley Member

A lot of good that's done me :)

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

From Jayski today:
    Wonder if he "heard" from our site. :D

4. Well, the number of posts doesn't mean jack. I've been on the board for years, but only chime in when I want to make a point or comment on something. If I posted each time I go through here, I'd have a number close to 10,000.

So looking at someone's posts means nothing other than they've had something to say numerous times.

Carry on ...

5. DavidPoole

DavidPoole Member

I wonder if kleeda could stop lecturing us on our demeanor and behavior on this board long enough to tell us how much input NASCAR had on deciding ESPN and ESPN.com hired to help cover the sport. Is the "list" that's being kept really in kleeda's hands, or is it in NASCAR's?

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

The two most self-referential, self-reverential, self-promoting, self-aggrandizing monoliths in American sports? I'm sure they're working hand in hand. Or, given their respective habits of institutional megalomania and paranoia, at least with their hands around one another's throats.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Marty was on Outside the Lines live this morning (and David Poole was on the taped main piece) and identified as an ESPN reporter, so it's officially done, I reckon.

8. Jam3131

Jam3131 Member

It sure seems like it - he has been writing quite a bit for ESPN.com this week

9. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

So I saw Newton wrote his first story (I think it was his first) for ESPN.com a couple days ago, then had another one yesterday.

Who else is moving around in the offseason?

10. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I heard ESPN.com is hiring like 10 more people.

11. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

I think you're wrong about that. I have it on good authority from many of my sources close to the situation that ESPN.com is hiring like 100 more people.

Also, all of them will be NASCAR beat writers who make 200k per year.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Kleeda, wouldn't you know -- you outed yourself earlier as an employee there.

Draft saved Draft deleted