1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN NASCAR

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BMuddMan, Jul 30, 2006.

1. This is my first visit and last.......give up guessing who I am....you can stop now......you'll never get it....after hearing all the stupid gossip in the media centers around the curcuit I had to state my message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....This blog has become a place where mindless idiots try to destroy careers with malicous rumors. This is suppose to be a professional blog........Don't you ladies and gentlemen have better things to do with you time.Maybe its time to brush up on those writing skills, resumes and people skills...Maybe then the world will open up for you. Maybe then you won't be here ripping on people and trying to destroy their careers and their families lives. Be professional...Didn't Mommie tell you it isn't nice to spread gossip and spread false truths? What happens happens and there is nothing you can do about it.............So kiddies lets go back to playing nice....

2. jacksonWRITER

jacksonWRITER New Member

Is someone else going to point out the misspelling on Mommie or do I need to do it?

3. "Mommie" ....was meant for snotty bratty boys like you......that is exactly the way I wished to spell the word.....so mind your manners son.

4. racingandwriting

racingandwriting New Member

So that's a no to McGee going to ESPN? I think Jackson Writer's original point got lost in the bruhaha.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't know, Jackson...I think this was my favorite part.

Its time to brush up on those writing skills, indeed.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Someone's first and last visit has stretched into Saturday afternoon.

7. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

I'm now hearing about a new player in the running for the ESPN.com gig -- Matt Crossman of the Sporting News ...

8. BMuddMan

BMuddMan Member

I heard that too, but he may be out of TSN as well with new buyers coming in and a "NASCAR downsize" in the works for the pub. Probably why Spencer is gonna land somewhere else for 2007. So the online world of ESPN, FoxSports, Yahoo and now hearing Comcast is going to launch a sports-related mega website, seem to be where we should watch where the players wind up.

9. BMuddMan

BMuddMan Member

Any updates on movement of the players mentioned. Sounds like FoxSports.com has landed someone of pretty significant stature and wonder about the presence of NBC and Comcast online properties mentioned in another thread?

10. Jam3131

Jam3131 Member

I am guessing those signings mean the start of more dominoes falling...right?

11. lono

lono Active Member

Correct.

12. BMuddMan

BMuddMan Member

Hear NASCAR.com will fill those two spots from within, Ron Masters and someone else currently on staff. Also FoxSports.com, TSN and Yahoo are said to be adding/shuffling around personnel. And last thing my NASCAR guy told me was a new player in online will emerge next year..Comcast or NBCSports.com possibilities. Finally, the current NASCAR reporter on XM Radio will land on her feet. (Not sure of name)

Draft saved Draft deleted