1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Names New Poker Writer

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Apr 11, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I'd rather cover duck, duck, goose than poker.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I guess when the poker "fad" dies down, that guy can go to the same place as the Tampa Tribune people who are getting laid off.

3. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I wasn't sniping in the least. Good on him for getting a (likely well-paying) gig at teh WWL. I just don't see poker on TV and in print have longevity. That's all.

4. Poker is not a sport, but since when has ESPN been concerned with that?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

ESPN has been raiding the BLOGS! lately for new writers.

The Dr's poker coverage is very good. I just hope he's not stuck behind the Insider wall during the WSOP.

6. Little Susie Jones captured the state duck, duck goose title after a controversial finish at the South Dakota Allstate Convention Center yesterday in Pierre.

Susie, 8, defeated Britnee Miller, 7 and a half, in the final, 6 gooses to 5. However, there was a long review after Susie's sixth goose after it was claimed that she said "doose" instead of goose in an effort to confuse Britnee.

"She's a cheater cheat-head suck," a visibly upset Britnee said following the final.

However, Susie would have none of it.

"She's just mad because she's fat," she said.

Susie now advances to the U.S. championship, which will be held next month in Washington and televised on ESPN 2.

7. MonitorLizard

MonitorLizard Member

Have you had to deal with duck, duck, goose parents? They're the worst.

8. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Quick question. What is "yourself's"?

9. You know - as in - go fuck yourself

If you're interested in poker - then you probably know Pauly's work from past WSOP and his signing with ESPN is news.

If you're not interested in poker - why pollute the thread with inane crap?

10. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Inane crap?
    First off, Boy, it is a public thread.
    I don't need your condonation to post. If you so choose to take each post as a personal attack, so be it. Eventually, you will grow up.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think TSP said it best. Not need to get testy.

Anyone who does good work and gets rewarded should be applauded.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

It's been steady on TV for 4+ years now going back to Moneymaker in 2003. Can't speak for print, but I think it's established a pretty solid foothold on TV and won't be a fad fading away anytime soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted