1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Magazine's Misquote

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by CR19, May 28, 2010.

1. CR19

CR19 Member

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Dwayne Bowe is a fucking moron.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

A little quick to accuse ESPN of the misquote, aren't we?

That interview with Bowe doesn't do a whole lot to back up his position. He has no idea if the talked to the guy because he's currently in a haze.

Well, let us know when you clear things up, Dwayne.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I'm siding with ESPN on this one...

5. CR19

CR19 Member

Trust me. I think Bowe himself wasn't misquoted. You don't usually screw up while talking about groupies. The problem lies with the fact that ESPN isn't allowing readers to hear the tape themselves. Who can tell if ESPN is right without the tape? There's little harm in releasing it.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It appears Bowe doesn't understand the difference between something being miscast and misquoted. He said "The way he took it was totally not the way that I said it. It’s over now."

So he wasn't misquoted at all. He just wanted a notation in there that he didn't really mean it. Then don't say it.

7. Mizzougrad96

One of the few times I got into a shouting match with an athlete I covered was when he said that I made up a quote. He went on the radio and said I made up a quote. At the press conference that day, the coach was asked about the quote and he said, "Player X told me the quote was made up so I'm going to choose to believe him." I cornered the coach after the press conference and played it for him. He just kind of smiled at me and nodded.

During the open locker room the player started yelling at me and I started yelling back.

8. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

I hope you told him he was a liar and a chickenshit.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Should have played it during the press conference.

That's why I am not cut out to be a reporter. Can't stand to be around liars and pricks. Can't imagine having to develop relationships with them.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

For the second time since I am old enough to care, a team for which I am a shameless fanboilooser begins a championship round tonight. Woo!

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

That reminds me. My fantasy baseball team isn't having a very good week.

12. Mizzougrad96

I've been told that 100 times. I wish I could have accessed the file and had it cued up and ready to go, but sadly, I did not... :)

Draft saved Draft deleted